gluten free blueberry cake

Back in the day, when I had more time, I used to read a lot about the history of food and where it came from. I’m not a health food nut by any means (hello….cake for breakfast..) but I am always interested in where our food comes from, what’s popular with the masses and why.

I don’t remember the name of the book as it’s been a few years since I picked it up,  but I recall reading about the rise in popularity of breakfast cereal across America and how that came to be the dominant food on most people’s breakfast tables despite the fact that many of them have as much sugar as the same weight of candy, it’s marketing at it’s finest!


Apart from number 2 son, none of the other people in our house particularly like breakfast cereal which is fine by me. That does however mean that I have to come up with some sort of decent alternative for the rest of us, I’ll be honest and say that’s a perennial challenge for me.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup dairy free margarine , 200g (or use butter if not dairy free)
  • zest from 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 cup sugar , 200g
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose gluten free flour blend , 290g
  • 1 tsp xanthan gum - omit if your flour already has gum added
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries , 2 cups 300g
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened Soy Milk, or whole milk , 125mls

Instructions

  1. *Read notes section on baking by weight before you start*
  2. Preheat your oven to 350F
  3. Cream together margarine, sugar, lemon juice and zest until just combined.
  4. Then add already beaten eggs and vanilla to the bowl and mix again.
  5. .................................


for full recipes please see : www.noshtastic.com

1 Response to "gluten free blueberry cake"

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel